Richard is a Partner in our Corporate Department and a member of the Financial Services, Regulatory and Enforcement Group (FinsReg). In his more than 25 years of practice, he has gained extensive experience providing legal counsel and advice to national, regional and community based financial institutions as both a law firm partner and in-house counsel.
Richard’s multi-faceted legal experience, coupled with a strategic business sense, allows him to help his clients navigate the many complex legal and business issues that challenge their organizations. He routinely counsels financial services clients on a wide array of matters such as regulation, vendor management, operational matters, cash management, loss prevention and security, claims, litigation, lending and asset recovery. With special concentration on the operational side of the institution, he has assisted his clients in responding to a broad spectrum of issues arising on a daily basis, including interbank payments, internal and external fraud, customer claims, customer transactional issues, retail operations issues, bank security concerns, legal process, lending and vendor management matters. Richard also is skilled in advising financial institutions on matters involving the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC), Electronic Funds Transfer Act/Regulation E, National Automated Clearing House Association (NACHA) Rules, and Expedited Funds Availability Act/Regulation CC.
His flexible, integrated approach to addressing complex issues, transactions, claims, litigation and regulatory matters allows him to guide clients through the multi-dimensional impact of decisions including the impact upon various constituencies. Richard’s ability to assess risks from a strategic and practical view as well as his ability to communicate legal terms in a way his clients understand make him a trusted advisor.
- Rutgers University School of Law - Camden (J.D.)
- University of Massachusetts Amherst (B.A.)
- New Jersey
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Third Circuit Court of Appeals
- District of New Jersey
- Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- American Bar Association, served on Joint Task Force on Deposit Account Control Agreements
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Burlington County Bar Association
- Camden County Bar Association, served on Corporate, Banking and Business Committee
- American Red Cross of Southwestern New Jersey, Board of Directors, Chair-Nominating Committee, Executive Committee
- Haddonfield Lions Club