With over 30 years' experience representing Ohio political subdivisions, Abbot Thayer divides his work between bond and underwriter's counsel. His areas of specific focus include traditional governmental finance, state universities, 501(c)(3) bonds, economic development (taxable and tax exempt) and health care finance.
As bond counsel, he has advised counties, municipal corporations, townships, port authorities, transportation improvement districts and state universities.
Serving as bond, issuer's or underwriter's counsel, Mr. Thayer has been involved in a wide array of transactions, including general obligations, revenue financings, fixed and variable rates, secured and unsecured, bonds, notes, leases and certificates of participation.
- University of Cincinnati College of Law (J.D., 1980)
- Harvard University (B.A., cum laude, 1975)
- Cincinnati and Ohio State Associations
- Keep Cincinnati Beautiful, Inc., Vice President
- Indian Hill Village Council