Adriana is a partner in our Employment, Labor and Benefits Department where her clients range among size and industry. She has successfully represented Fortune 500 Companies, as well as start-ups. Her clients include public employers, non-profit corporations, and those in private sector industries.
She both advises management on federal and California employment law compliance and defends employers against claims brought against them for wrongful discharge, discrimination, sexual harassment, retaliation, and wage and hour disputes. She also assists employers with the preparation and implementation of employment policies and contracts, such as employee handbooks, arbitration agreements and severance and compensation agreements.
Additionally, Adriana has significant experience conducting sexual harassment training, as well as workplace investigations on behalf of employers in connection with allegations of discrimination and harassment.
Adriana is also an instructor at the USD Paralegal Program. As an alumna of the program, she recognizes her impact on these students may include their decision to pursue a career in the legal profession.
- Loyola Law School of Los Angeles (J.D., 2002)
- University of California (B.A.)
- English and American Literature
- Southern District of California
- Central District of California
- Barrister of The Honorable Fiorenzo V. Lopardo American Inns of Court
- San Diego County Bar Association
- Lawyers Club of San Diego, Women’s Diversity Taskforce Committee
- California State Bar Labor & Employment Law Section
- Association of Workplace Investigators
- San Diego La Raza Lawyers Association
- California State Bar
- Listed in San Diego Metro Magazine as a 2017 Top Attorney
- Listed in Super Lawyers, Southern California/San Diego 2017
- Named as one of San Diego’s Influential Women for 2017 by the San Diego Daily Transcript
- Named one of San Diego Business Journal’s "2015 & 2016 Women Who Mean Business"-Finalist
- Named as one of the top 25 labor & employment law attorneys by the San Diego Daily Transcript’s 2015 Top Attorneys program
- Featured in the San Diego Union Tribune’s “The People Who Define San Diego County” Section
- Named by the San Diego Metro magazine as one of 19 Women Who Impact San Diego
- Featured in San Diego Metro magazine's “Metro Movers to Watch 2015”