Anna Dailey is Managing Partner of the Charleston Office. Her experience in handling a variety of labor and employment matters for clients enables her to become a trusted partner when problems arise. She works with clients in a variety of industries, including energy, manufacturing, and health care, helping them protect their assets and reputation while navigating through challenges and managing risk.
Understanding that a company’s human capitol can often lead to complicated, costly and even damaging issues, Anna works quickly to get to the root of the problem while mitigating her client’s risk and exposure. She has steered clients through a myriad of issues, including advising management about union organizing campaigns, providing supervisory training, conducting internal investigations, and handling collective bargaining negotiations. Knowing that each company has different objectives and problem solving processes, Anna adapts her strategy to fit the circumstances. With a unique mix of business savvy and legal acumen, she is capable of stepping into a case at any point to guide clients through their problems while maintaining the requisite level of discretion.
She also frequently takes a proactive approach with clients, drawing on her experience to offer a variety of problem-solving strategies, management and supervisory skills training incorporating risk management and compliance, and helping clients identify and prevent problems before they arise. She advises clients on a number of state and federal issues encompassed by employment law, including wrongful discharge and discrimination. Anna also has represented clients in the coal industry in whistleblower claims relating to safety violations under MSHA.
When litigation becomes necessary, Anna brings a wealth of experience in state and federal courts, where she has tried a variety of labor and employment cases to jury verdicts and injunctions for clients. She has successfully defended clients in cases of alleged discrimination and non-compete matters, working with her clients to provide efficient counsel that meets their goals. She has also won multi-million dollar verdicts against unions for business interruptions.
Anna is a member of the firm’s Board of Directors and Executive Committee and previously served on the firm’s Associate Evaluation Committee and Professional Development Committee.
- West Virginia University College of Law (J.D., 1979)
- Vanderbilt University (B.A., 1975)
- West Virginia
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Eastern District of Kentucky
- Northern District of West Virginia
- Southern District of West Virginia
- Western District of Pennsylvania
- West Virginia Chamber of Commerce, Executive Committee for Board of Directors; Past Chair of the Human Resources Committee
- West Virginia Coal Association, Human Resources Committee
- Leadership West Virginia, Past Chair of Board of Directors
- Women Lawyer's Alliance, Member
- Defense Trial Counsel of West Virginia, Former Chair Labor & Employment Committee
- Eastern Mineral Law Foundation, Former Trustee
- Served 12 years as Commissioner on Kanawha County Parks Commission (6 years as President)
- Coonskin Park Foundation, Board of Directors, Secretary - Treasurer
- 2013 Who's Who in West Virginia Business Award - WV State Journal
- Listed in Chambers USA®: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, Labor & Employment
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© for Labor and Employment, Mining and Natural Resources Law
- Selected for the West Virginia Super Lawyers® List
- Peer Review Rated AV in Martindale-Hubbell, Top Rated Lawyer in Health Care
- 2013 Dinsmore Mentor of the Year
- Named "Lawyer of the Year" in Charleston for Labor Law - Management by The Best Lawyers in America®, 2015, 2017
- Named "Lawyer of the Year" in Charleston for Employment Law - Management by The Best Lawyers in America®, 2016