Chris is an experienced litigator with significant trial experience throughout West Virginia. He devotes his practice to civil litigation defense and has represented clients in complex litigation proceedings, including class actions. He has also defended several difficult insurance “bad faith” matters, including litigation of claims involving fire and other large losses.
Throughout his legal career, Chris has served as primary counsel in a wide variety of jury trials. He has significant appellate experience, having handled numerous cases before the Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia. He is adept at preparing matters for trial, conducting motions practice, and handling complex discovery matters. Clients appreciate his ability to leverage his experience and comfort in the courtroom to resolve cases. He is also known for his honest, common sense approach when evaluating matters.
A life-long resident of West Virginia, Chris is dedicated to shaping his home state’s growth and continuing to build the community for his family.
- West Virginia University College of Law (J.D., 2003)
- Moot Court Board
- Fairmont State College (B.A., 2000)
- West Virginia
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- West Virginia Super Lawyers®