Mr. Banford is an experienced litigator whose practice is devoted to civil litigation with a primary concentration on representation of Fortune 500 companies in toxic tort and occupational injury litigation, including alleged cumulative trauma, respiratory injury, personal injury, asbestos-related disease, silicosis, and hearing loss matters. He has managed and defended mass litigation while representing several national manufacturing clients in products liability matters, insurance companies in personal injury and bad faith cases, as well as restaurants and other commercial clients in premises liability litigation.
He serves as trial counsel for manufacturers, suppliers, retailers and contractors in mass tort litigation. This litigation ranges from the single-plaintiff claim or several hundred-plaintiff matters to class actions. Mr. Banford has an active practice defending clients in state and federal court throughout Kentucky, West Virginia and Ohio.
Mr. Banford graduated cum laude from Ohio University in 1989 receiving Bachelors degrees in Finance and Management. He then graduated from The Ohio State University College of Law in 1994.
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (J.D., 1994)
- Ohio University (B.A., cum laude, 1989)
- Finance and Management
- West Virginia
- Eastern District of Kentucky
- Southern District of West Virginia
- National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel
- Boyd County Bar Association
- Cabell County Bar Association
- Buckeye Networking Group
- East West Ambassadors, Past Board Member
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters, Past Member of the Advisory Board
- Child Development Academy, Board Member
- United Way of the River Cities
- Boy Scouts of America
- Rated by Super Lawyers®