Debbie is known as a seasoned commercial litigator and health care attorney, representing clients in state and federal courts, arbitrations, and mediations, as well as transactional matters. She also has represented clients before state and federal regulatory agencies, by having broad experience in medico-legal matters generally.
With a strong prior background of eight years in health care management, Debbie is sensitive to the complexities of the industry and brings her corporate insights to efficiently manage her clients' matters. Her clients have included The Procter & Gamble Company, Humana, LasikPlus, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, Franciscan Health System, HealthSouth, Shelter Insurance Companies, Riverhills Neuroscience, and numerous other healthcare providers. Outside the healthcare arena, she has served as trial counsel for entities such as Yamaha, Staffmark, and SST Bearing Corporation, as well as numerous individuals.
Debbie has appeared in courts throughout Ohio and Kentucky as well as California, Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Missouri, Nebraska, New York, Texas, and Washington. Her cases have involved a broad spectrum of issues including negligence, product liability, healthcare, fraud and abuse, qui tam allegations, breach of contract, defamation, fiduciary disputes, bankruptcy, antitrust, trade secrecy, indemnification, UCC transactions, and non-compete violations.
She has served as the national Health Care Practice Group Chair for ALFA International. She taught health law courses at the University of Cincinnati College of Law for 10 years, co-authored “The Law of Medical Practice in Ohio”, and authored numerous publications in the field of health law.
- University of Cincinnati College of Law (J.D., 1981)
- Order of the Barrister
- University of Cincinnati (B.G.S., 1977)
- Honor Society
- Southern District of Ohio
- Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Eastern District of Kentucky
- Western District of Kentucky
- Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- University of Cincinnati College of Law, Board of Visitors Member
- CityLink Center, Board Member
- Fetal Medicine Foundation - US, Board Member
- ALFA International, Health Care Practice Group (past Chair)
- Drug and Poison Information Center (past Board Chair)
- U.C. Friends of Women Studies (past Board Vice-Chair)
- The Child Poverty Collaborative, Steering Committee Member
- University of Cincinnati College of Law International Advisory Council
- Peer Review Rated AV Preeminent in Martindale-Hubbell
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© for Health Care Law
- Selected for the Ohio Super Lawyers® List