Douglas is a member of our Intellectual Property Department. His practice includes litigation and patent and trademark prosecution. He has acted as lead counsel in numerous lawsuits and successfully drafted and prosecuted hundreds of patents.
He earned his Juris Doctor degree at the University of Michigan Law School and was admitted to the State Bar of Michigan in 1975. Douglas is admitted to practice to the State and Federal Courts in Michigan. In addition he is admitted to the Federal Courts of Appeal for the Sixth Circuit, and the Federal Circuit and registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
A native of Akron, Ohio, he graduated magna cum laude in Electrical Engineering at the University of Michigan. He immediately went to work as a logic designer in large scale integrated circuits (LSI) at Motorola Semiconductor Products, Phoenix, Arizona.
As a hobby, he writes computer programs, several of which have been marketed commercially.
- University of Michigan Law School (J.D., 1975)
- University of Michigan (B.S., 1970)
- Electrical Engineering
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- Western District of Michigan
- Southern District of Michigan
- Eastern District of Michigan
- State Bar of Michigan
- Information Technology Law, Intellectual Property Law, and Master Lawyers Sections
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Tau Beta Pi
- Eta Kappa Nu
- Peer Review Rated AV Preeminent Lawyer in Martindale-Hubbell