Eric Lycan represents clients including statewide chambers of commerce, industry trade associations and citizen groups in making their voices heard by policymakers. He advises clients on political advocacy and compliance, including First Amendment issues, campaign speech, and formation of PACs, “Super PACs”, issue advocacy organizations and other entities. In addition to his practice counseling clients on compliance with campaign finance and election laws, Eric has extensive experience with complex litigation business disputes and appellate matters.
Eric was counsel for U.S. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s 2014 reelection effort. He is the outside general counsel to the Republican Party of Kentucky. He has advised advocacy groups and legislative caucuses across the region and the nation, including Kentucky, Ohio, Pennsylvania and West Virginia. Eric also represents the Kentucky Justice & Public Safety Cabinet in its groundbreaking civil actions against unregulated offshore internet gambling operations and the internet domains through which they operate.
Memberships & Affiliations
• Leadership Kentucky, 2011
• Republican National Lawyers Association, National Board of Governors
• Kentucky Coal Association
• Past President, Lexington Young Professionals’ Association
• Kentucky Chairman, Lawyers for Romney, 2012
• Staff Parish Relations Committee, Centenary United Methodist Church
• Past President, Lexington Children’s Theater
• Lexington Fayette Urban County Government, Ethics Commission, appointment of the Mayor
• Hearing Officer, Kentucky Board of Claims, appointment of the Governor, 2005-2007
• Administrative Law Judge, Kentucky Parole Board, appointment of the Governor, 2006-2007