Play or Pay Mandate: What’s Your Plan?
Download the Recording and PowerPoint Slides.
If the Supreme Court ruling on the constitutionality of the ACA was difficult to understand, then the rules of implementation will have employers scrambling to understand the alphabet soup hidden in the actual law — from SBC to MLAs; Benchmark Plan to Testing Period for new employees. Already facing a monumentally heavy regulatory and tax burden, reducing uncertainties and addressing questions is critical to employers and insurance providers remaining both compliant and profitable.
- Your responsibilities if your plan renewed after September 23, 2010
- Providing “Summaries of Benefits of Coverage” (SBC) with your next open enrollment
- Planning for the employer-level “Pay or Play” requirement
- Employer’s plan vs. Exchange coverage: Tough employer decisions
- Provisions specific to both large and small employers
- Defining eligibility (Who is a full-time employee?)
- Penalties for failing to offer a group plan or one that offers “minimum value?”
- The individual Pay or Play mandate: Premium tax credit
- Affordability requirement: How will you calculate the cost?