The Employer's Toolkit: October Breakfast Briefing
Our October Breakfast Briefing is a double feature as we cover two of the most overlooked issues for Kentucky employers this year:
How will you handle Pregnancy Discrimination?
Following this summer's EEOC controversial guideline changes on pregnancy discrimination, how you understand your company’s obligations to pregnant employees and how the EEOC views your obligations is now different. We'll cover the four sections of the EEOC's new guidance and controversial requirements of which employers should take note:
- Prohibitions under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act
- ADAAA’s accommodation and non-discrimination requirements and the definition of disability to pregnancy-related impairments
- Legal requirements affecting pregnant workers, including FMLA
- Best practices for employers
Are you complying with Kentucky Wage & Hour laws?
Many employers, in their efforts to comply with the federal Fair Labor Standards Act, neglect to ensure compliance with Kentucky state wage and hour laws. We'll discuss several classic pitfalls in Kentucky wage and hour law and how to avoid them.
- Exemptions and independent contractor classifications
- Proper and improper deductions from wages
- Compensating for travel and training time
- Calculating overtime
- Breaks and meal periods
- Unpaid wages and working off the clock
Seating is limited at our Briefings
Register by Wednesday, October 9 to reserve your space.
Applications for both Kentucky and Indiana CLE credit have been submitted, as well as Kentucky SHRM.