Corey is a member of the Labor and Employment Department where he works with clients across a broad range of industries - from local businesses to large, national companies. He regularly litigates and counsels clients on a wide range of employment issues, including matters arising under Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act and the National Labor Relations Act. He also has extensive experience representing clients in cases involving non-competition and non-solicitation agreements, as well as the misappropriation of trade secrets. Corey frequently appears before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and state and federal courts throughout the country. He has also represented clients before the Ohio Civil Rights Commission and the National Labor Relations Board.
Understanding the importance for employers to proactively mitigate risk, he teams with clients to conduct training programs and draft employee policies and procedures to ensure compliance. He regularly provides advice and counsel to employers on personnel policies, employee discipline, and harassment investigations.
Prior to joining Dinsmore, Corey served as a judicial law clerk to U.S. District Court Judge Jack Zouhary and U.S. Magistrate Judge James R. Knepp, II. In addition to participating in various trial matters at the district court, as a law clerk he gained valuable experience at the appellate level during sittings on the Ninth Circuit and the Sixth Circuit. Prior to his clerkships, Corey was a member of the litigation department at a firm in Evansville, Indiana, where he handled all phases of litigation. During law school, he served as a judicial extern to U.S. District Court Judge Gregory L. Frost.
- Ohio Northern University, Claude W. Pettit College of Law (J.D., with high distinction, 2009)
- Ohio Northern University Law Review, Manuscript Editor
- Wabash College (A.B., cum laude, 2005)
- Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Northern District of Ohio
- Southern District of Ohio
- Northern District of Indiana
- Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Grow PBPO Advisory Council, Secretary
- Cincinnati Bar Association Arbitration Service, Program Director
- Cincinnati Bar Association – Secretary and Executive Board Member, Young Lawyers Section; Former Co-Chair of the YLS Social Committee; Labor & Employment Committee
- Cincinnati Bar Foundation Trustee
- Federal Bar Association - Labor & Employment Section
- Ohio State Bar Association - Labor & Employment Section
- American Bar Association - Section of Labor & Employment Law; Section of Litigation; Young Lawyers Division
- Potter Stewart Inn of Court, Barrister
- Over-the-Rhine Kitchen, Former Member; Board of Directors
- Professional Leadership Network
- Rotary Club of Cincinnati
- Selected for the Ohio Rising Stars® List