Jason is a partner and member of the Labor, Employment & Benefits Department and Mine Safety & Health Practice Group. He represents both coal and metal/non-metal clients before the Federal Mine Safety and Health Review Commission in accident investigations, special investigations, and discrimination investigations conducted by the Department of Labor with respect to the Mine Safety and Health Act.
In his practice, he works with human resource managers and in-house counsel providing employment advice and litigation support to employers. Jason also provides employment counseling to employers from the beginning of the employment relationship through termination and employment advice covering all types of discrimination and wrongful discharge, FMLA, ADA, ADEA and FLSA issues, and non-compete agreements. In addition, he is experienced in representing clients regarding labor issues, including dealing with unions during a labor campaign and assisting management with a unionized workforce.
Jason is married to Robyn Eads Nutzman and has three daughters Taylor, Payton, and Skylar.
- West Virginia University College of Law (J.D., 2006)
- West Virginia Law Review, Editor-in-Chief
- College of Charleston (B.A., 2001)
- West Virginia
- South Carolina (inactive)
- Southern District of West Virginia
- District of Colorado
- District of South Carolina
- Colorado Mining Association
- Energy and Mineral Law Foundation
- National Mining Association
- National Stone, Sand and Gravel Association, Safety & Health Committee and Council of Counsel
- Mining Association of South Carolina, Safety and Health Committee
- West Virginia Coal Association
- Benchmark Litigation Future Star of South Carolina, 2009-2011
- Selected for the West Virginia Rising Stars® List