Jeff is a member of the Litigation Department and focuses his practice on complex commercial litigation. He has litigated a variety of cases in the commercial context, including contract disputes, shareholder-derivative suits, and labor disputes. He is well versed in both traditional and electronic discovery, and this experience allows him to investigate and understand the facts in complex cases.
He is a member of the firm’s False Claims Act group and has extensive experience representing defense contractors in False Claims Act cases and internal investigations. He has successfully represented clients in cases involving hundreds of millions of dollars in alleged damages. He has assisted clients with responding to government subpoenas and civil investigative demands.
Jeff also has a vibrant appellate practice. He has worked on high-stakes cases at every appellate level, including the Kentucky Court of Appeals, the Kentucky Supreme Court, multiple United States circuit courts of appeals, and the United States Supreme Court. He draws on this experience when drafting briefs and preparing for oral arguments.
Prior to joining Dinsmore, he served as a law clerk to the Honorable John M. Rogers of the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit. While in law school, Jeff served as a research assistant to Professor Paul Salamanca. His research focused on declaratory judgment actions in federal courts.
- University of Kentucky College of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 2015)
- Order of the Coif
- Moot Court Board
- CALI awards in Federal Courts, Litigation Skills, Alternative Dispute Resolution, and Election Law
- Kentucky Law Journal, Special Features Editor
- Centre College (B.A., 2012)
- Omicron Delta Kappa, Sigma Delta Pi, Order of Omega
- Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Eastern District of Kentucky
- Federalist Society
- Litigation Practice Group Executive Committee, Member
- Central Kentucky Lawyers Chapter, President
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Division
- Appellate Advocacy Section
- Fayette County Bar Association, Member
- Central Kentucky American Inn of Court, Associate
- Phi Kappa Tau-Delta Chapter, Board of Governors