Jen is a Partner in the Health Care Practice Group, focusing her practice on complex health care litigation, investigations, regulatory compliance, and cybersecurity. Jen has significant experience leading the defense of health care entities in False Claims Act and other litigation involving claims of health care program fraud and abuse. Her practice involves handling health care litigation in federal and state courts nationwide, including serving as national litigation counsel for a health care provider with locations across the country. Jen is also experienced in ERISA and other benefits and coverage litigation, as well as business practices, fiduciary, class action and mass tort litigation.
Within the constantly evolving health care legal landscape, Jen provides guidance to clients across the health care industry as to how to comply with the Federal and state anti-kickback laws, the Stark law, the HIPAA regulations, Medicare/Medicaid rules and regulations, the Affordable Care Act, MMSEA/MSP requirements, FDA and ADA regulations, and other laws, rules and regulations impacting their businesses.
Drawing upon her health care litigation and compliance background, Jen also has an active investigations practice. She conducts health care due diligence, compliance audits and investigations for clients nationwide and represents them when they are under investigation by federal and state authorities for health care fraud and abuse, HIPAA breaches, and other regulatory non-compliance.
Jen also leads the Firm’s health care privacy and cybersecurity practice and initiatives. In her cybersecurity practice, she works with clients in all industries to minimize the risk of privacy and data security breaches and assists with all aspects of privacy and security compliance, governance, audits/investigations, enforcement actions, breach analyses, training and strategic planning. She has a thorough understanding of federal and state privacy and data security laws, has served as a health care privacy expert witness, and is a frequent presenter on cybersecurity and privacy topics.
- University of Akron School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 1998)
- Miami University (B.A., 1995)
- Southern District of Ohio
- Northern District of Ohio
- Eastern District of Kentucky
- Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Eastern District of Wisconsin
- Adjunct Professor of Health Law & Policy in the Master’s Department of Health Services Administration, Xavier University, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Adjunct Professor of Health Law & Policy in the Graduate Program in Health Services Administration at the College of Allied Health Sciences, University of Cincinnati
- American Bar Association, Health Law Section, Vice Chair - eHealth, Privacy & Security
- Association of Defense Trial Attorneys, Ohio State Chair, Membership Vice-Chair
- Cincinnati Bar Association, Health Law Committee, Vice-Chair
- LifeCenter Organ Donor Network, Board of Directors
- American Heart Association, Greater Cincinnati Heart Ball Executive Leadership Team
- YWCA Rising Stars Alumnae Committee
- United Way WINGs and Roebling Society Member
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Society of Ohio Healthcare Attorneys
- Former Adjunct Professor, Legal Writing, The University of Akron School of Law
- Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber Leadership Cincinnati Class 40, 2016-2017
- Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber WE Lead Class 9, 2014-2015
- Potter Stewart American Inn of Court, Barrister
- Forty Under 40 Award sponsored by the Business Courier, 2007
- YWCA Women of Achievement Rising Star 2007
- YWCA Rising Stars Board Leadership Program 2008
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© for Health Care Law, 2012-2016