John is a member of our Intellectual Property Department where he advises clients on a full range of intellectual property matters, including patent prosecution, freedom to operate, intellectual property rights enforcement, licensing and research projects between private companies and government agencies. Through his practice, John has gained a deep understanding of automotive control systems, medical devices, minimally invasive spinal procedures and home appliances.
He earned his B.S. in Control Systems Engineering from the United States Naval Academy in 1998 and his Juris Doctor cum laude from Ave Maria School of Law in 2007. Following his commission as a 2nd Lt. in the United States Marine Corps, John was stationed in Camp Pendleton and deployed to the Middle East three times, including one tour as a Captain serving as a Company Executive Officer in Iraq for a mechanized infantry company.
- Ave Maria School of Law (J.D., 2007)
- United States Naval Academy (B.S., 1998)
- Control Systems Engineering
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- State Bar of Michigan, Consumer Law, Elder Law & Disability Rights, Law Practice Management & Legal Administrators, Probate & Estate Planning, and Young Lawyers Sections
- Selected for the Michigan Super Lawyers Rising Stars® List