Joseph is a member of the Intellectual Property Department. He has extensive experience leading in the courtroom, managing teams and counseling clients on intellectual property matters.
He is an experienced patent litigator who also litigates other types of intellectual property matters including trademark, copyright, breach of contract, unfair competition and trade secret cases across the country, including in the ITC. In addition, he regularly counsels clients on intellectual property matters such as licensing, freedom to operate, IP enforcement, opinions of counsel, and patent and trademark procurement.
He holds degrees in computer science and electrical engineering, has handled matters in a variety of technologies and is skilled at quickly mastering new technologies. Prior to law school, Joseph worked as a member of the technical staff at Bell Labs.
- University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign (B.S., 1996)
- Computer Science
- University of Illinois (M.S., 1998)
- Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign (J.D., 2001)
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- Northern District of Illinois
- Northern District of Indiana
- Western District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- American Bar Association
- PTAB Bar Association
- Intellectual Property Law Association of Chicago
- Hispanic Lawyers Association of Illinois