Julie is a member of our Intellectual Property Department. She has over twenty-five years experience in trademark and copyright prosecution and protection. Much of her career has involved federal court litigation, with particular emphasis on obtaining preliminary injunctive relief. She has had extensive experience counseling clients in infringement matters involving copyrights in architectural works. She handles all levels of domestic and international trademark protection and prosecution, including at the United States Patent and Trademark Office and the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, and has broad experience in opposition and cancellation practice throughout the world. Julie counsels clients in all areas of trademark and copyright matters, including selection, registration, enforcement and infringement defense, with extensive experience in resolving issues through consent agreements and licenses.
Julie is rated AV by Martindale Hubbell Peer Review, been named a 2010 Top Lawyer in Metro Detroit, and was selected for inclusion in the 2010 Super Lawyers, Corporate Counsel Edition, as well as 2009 and 2011 Michigan Super Lawyers.
She earned her J.D. from the University of Michigan Law School, and her B.S. in Chemistry, with distinction, from the University of Michigan.
She is a member of International Trademark Association (INTA), the Intellectual Property Law Section of the Michigan Bar Association, the Federal Bar Association and the Michigan Intellectual Property Law Association, and the ABA
- University of Michigan Law School (J.D., 1985)
- University of Michigan (B.S., 1982)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
- State Bar of Michigan, Intellectual Property Law Section
- International Trademark Association
- Michigan Intellectual Property Law Association
- Federal Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Listed in the Michigan Super Lawyers®, 2009-2011
- Super Lawyers®, (Corporate Counsel Edition) 2010
- Business Top Lawyers, 2010
- Peer Review Rated AV Preeminent Lawyer in Martindale-Hubbell