Karen R. Dillon, a Partner in Dinsmore’s Corporate Department, has over 20 years of experience handling complex commercial real estate transaction for sellers, purchasers, landlords and tenants. Karen has handled numerous property acquisitions and related financings or sales, including 1031 exchanges, for owners of apartment complexes, office buildings and retail facilities. Karen has worked with clients in the acquisition, development and financing, including construction and permanent loans as well as state grants and loans, of low income tax credit projects throughout the State of Ohio as well as in the states of Indiana, Kentucky and Pennsylvania.
Karen’s reputation as a practical and efficient attorney is built on a foundation of both extensive legal experience and a seven-year career with a Cincinnati life insurance company where she trained agents, managed a policy holder service-oriented department and developed marketing and administrative programs.
- University of Dayton School of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 1991)
- University of Dayton Law Review, Executive Editor
- Xavier University (M.B.A., 1986)
- Butler University (B.S., magna cum laude, 1981)
- Public and Corporate Communications
- American Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Real Property Law Specialty Board Member (2003 to present)
- Dayton Bar Association
- Soroptimist International of Middletown, Ohio, Recording Secretary (2008-2009, 2004-2005); Treasurer (2005-2007)
- Ohio State Real Property Law Specialty Board, Chair
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© for Real Estate Law
- Selected for the Ohio Super Lawyers® List