Lloyd Cress is a member of the firm's Environmental and Natural Resources Practice Groups. Lloyd focuses his practice on environmental permitting and compliance with environmental and natural resource laws and regulations. He provides representation on environmental law issues to many of Kentucky's largest businesses and associations. Lloyd also lectures at numerous seminars regarding environmental and natural resource topics and is the principal author of the Kentucky Environmental Law Handbook.
Earlier in his career, Lloyd served as the Deputy Secretary for the Kentucky Environmental and Public Protection Cabinet, Commissioner of the Kentucky Department for Environmental Protection, Environmental Director of the Kentucky Chamber of Commerce, and as Chief Environmental Counsel for Ashland Inc.
- University of Kentucky College of Law (LL.B., 1962)
- University of Kentucky (B.A., 1960)
- with high distinction; Phi Beta Kappa
- Kentucky Bar Association, Former Chairman of the Natural Resources Committee
- American Bar Association, Former Vice Chairman of the Water Quality Committee
- American Petroleum Institute, Former Chairman of the Environmental Law Committee
- Peer Review Rated AV in Martindale-Hubbell
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© for Environmental and Natural Resources Law
- Named "Lawyer of the Year" in Lexington for Environmental Law by The Best Lawyers in America®, 2017