Matt represents clients in federal and state courts and before administrative tribunals in a range of commercial matters. He also provides pre-litigation dispute representation and preventative counseling in situations where a client desires creative or negotiated solutions to avoid a lawsuit.
His experience includes serving as outside litigation counsel for one of the nation’s largest freight brokers, regularly handling disputes involving double broker scams, cargo loss, covenants not to compete and employment matters. Matt also represents owners, general contractors and subcontractors in construction disputes, including defect, delay, mechanic’s lien and oil and gas claims. He has also litigated software development and trademark infringement matters.
Matt is licensed in both Ohio and California and works out of the firm’s Columbus and San Diego offices. He has also worked with AthletesTouch, an organization of former college and professional athletes working in the business community.
- University of Dayton School of Law (J.D., 2002)
- Bowling Green State University (B.S., 1999)
- Northern District of Ohio
- Southern District of Ohio
- Eastern District of California
- Southern District of California
- Central District of California
- Northern District of California
- Ohio Bar Association
- California Bar Association
- Selected for the Ohio Super Lawyers® Rising Star List