Matt is a member of the firm's Labor & Employment Department where he concentrates his practice in business immigration law. He has experience representing both privately-held and publicly-traded client corporations in a variety of business immigration matters with particular emphasis on all forms of nonimmigrant visas (B, H, L, TN, E, O, P) for professionals. Throughout his career, he has designed inclusive plans for his clients to enable seamless oversight of their Immigration Program through project management, process automation and 24/7 client and employee online access to case data.
He represents employers with all forms of permanent residence applications including extraordinary ability, outstanding researchers and professors and special handling cases while also assisting employers in the navigation of the DOL's complex PERM process. In addition, he has also counseled employers in the preparation and execution of employment eligibility verification and compliance programs, which includes counsel during government-directed and employer's internal I-9 audits.
Matt serves the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) as one of a select number of attorneys chosen for its National Business Immigration Committee. He is also Vice Chair of his regional chapter of AILA which serves five states. Finally, he is a former a member of AILA’s Vermont Service Center Operations Committee.
Matt frequently lectures and writes on immigration issues.
- DePaul University College of Law (J.D., 1999)
- University of Louisville (B.A., 1993)
- Political Science
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Louisville Bar Association
- Ohio Bar Association
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), Business Immigration Committee, 2014-Present and Vermont Service Center Operations Committee, 2014-2015
- AILA Midsouth Chapter (KY, TN, AK, MI, LA), Vice Chair 2014, Secretary 2012-2014
- Leadership Louisville Center: Leadership Louisville Alumni Council, 2014-2015
- Greater Louisville International Professionals (GLIP) Advisory Council, 2013-present
- Leadership Louisville; 2012
- Bingham Fellows, 2009
- Ignite Louisville, 2007
- Focus Louisville, 2006
- Kentucky Super Lawyers® Immigration
- Named to the 2013 & 2016 "Top Lawyers” list by Louisville Magazine