Melissa is a Partner licensed in West Virginia, Kentucky and Ohio. Melissa has defended numerous cases involving medical malpractice and podiatric malpractice claims. She has represented physicians in professional licensure complaints before the West Virginia Board of Medicine and has defended assisted living facilities in wrongful death cases brought pursuant to the West Virginia Medical Professional Liability Act.
Melissa has vast experience as a trial lawyer representing national and regional clients in areas including personal injury defense, contractual disputes, employment issues, commercial litigation, mass litigation, and general corporate defense. She also regularly represents a major utility company in a variety of matters including premises liability, personal injury, occupational injury, property disputes and fire loss claims. Her depth and breadth of experience make her popular with clients who have diverse needs.
Melissa’s extensive experience defending allegations of blasting damage throughout West Virginia and Eastern Kentucky has enabled her to conduct seminars for clients and individuals on handling such cases. Likewise, she has significant experience defending companies within the coal mining industry and has represented clients in matters involving the West Virginia Department of Environmental Protection.
- West Virginia University College of Law (J.D., 1997)
- West Virginia Law Review
- West Virginia University (M.P.A., 1994)
- Professional Accountancy
- West Virginia University (B.S., 1993)
- Business Administration
- West Virginia
- Southern District of West Virginia
- Northern District of West Virginia
- Eastern District of Kentucky
- Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Dress for Success River Cities, Board of Directors and Vice President (2010 to 2016)
- Junior League of Huntington, Board of Directors and Treasurer Elect (2015 to Present)
- Education Alliance, Board of Directors (2012 to 2015)
- Goodwill Industries Good Guide Mentor (2010 to 2011)
- State Scholars Initiative Volunteer