Michael is a member of our public finance team, where his practice involves providing clients with practical, strategic advice on any number of issues. His ability to work across several practice areas allows him to help clients achieve their goals and resolve disputes efficiently.
A seasoned litigator with over 20 years of experience in complex commercial litigation, Michael was first elected to the Illinois House of Representatives in 2008. There, he served two terms before being elected to the Illinois State Senate in 2012. In the Senate, Michael serves on the Judiciary, Licensed Activities and Pensions and Criminal Law committees. He has sponsored numerous legislative matters including the Illinois Right-to-Try Act, which provides terminally ill individuals with expedited access to potentially life-saving new medications. For his strong support of small business in Illinois, on numerous occasions the National Federation of Independent Business has awarded Michael the Guardian of Small Business award and the Illinois Chamber of Commerce honored him with the Champion of Free Enterprise award.
- John Marshall Law School (J.D., 1989)
- Loyola University of Chicago (B.A., 1986)
- Misericordia Heart of Mercy Advisory Board
- Naperville Area Chamber of Commerce
- 360 Youth Services Advisory Board
- John Marshall Law School Hall of Distinction
- 2004 Daily Herald Naperville/Lisle Person of the Year
- 2008 Police Athletic League Bishop Sheil Award