Mike combines his extensive legal experience with strategic business sense in order to help his clients navigate the many complex legal and business issues that challenge their organizations. He counsels clients within the public, private, and non-profit sectors in a variety of industries including banking, healthcare, manufacturing, consumer products, and various service industries. His corporate practice focuses primarily in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, capital raising (debt and equity), and bank regulatory compliance. He advises boards of directors and senior management teams on all aspects of the acquisition/sale process including diligence and disclosure, working with investment bankers, transaction structure, negotiating deal points and documents, transaction financing and post acquisition planning. Mike also provides advice to his for-profit and non-profit clients in the areas of corporate governance, commercial contracts, federal and state regulation, corporate structure, and other general corporate legal matters.
He was recognized in the 2010 The Legal 500 as a "Leading Lawyer" in Mergers, Acquisitions and Buyouts: Middle Market (sub-$500M). He is also listed in Best Lawyers® for 2013. Prior to joining Dinsmore, he was a national bank examiner with the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency.
- University of Cincinnati College of Law (J.D., 1999)
- University of Cincinnati Law Review, managing editor
- Miami University (B.S., 1988)
- Business Administration
- America Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Cincinnati Academy of Leadership for Lawyers
- New Edgecliff Theatre, Board of Directors
- St. Joseph Orphanage, Executive Committee
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars®
- Recommended for Mergers, Acquisitions and Buyouts by The Legal 500 United States
- Best Lawyers® for Financial Services Regulation Law
- Difference Maker Award in Honor of Alice J. Neeley (2005)