Michael has significant experience defending corporations in complex commercial litigation, business disputes, environmental litigation and False Claims Act cases throughout the country. He has been named a national Rising Star by Law360, which identified him as one of four Government Contracts lawyers under 40 to watch and has received an AV rating from MartindaleHubbell for professional ethics and legal ability.
He is a member of the Warren County Bar Association and the Cincinnati Bar Association. Michael has also served as appointed counsel in the Pro Bono Mediation Program for the United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio.
Michael has spoken on the False Claims Act at national conferences and before the Ohio Hospital Association. He has also served as chair and moderator of the fraud and False Claims Act panel for the Cincinnati Bar Association Annual Health Care Law Seminar.
He received his J.D. from Vanderbilt University Law School, where he was managing editor of the Vanderbilt Law Review. He received his B.A. magna cum laude from Denison University, where he was Phi Beta Kappa.
Before joining Dinsmore, Michael was a partner at Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP and clerked for the Terrence W. Boyle, Chief Judge of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina.
- Vanderbilt University Law School (J.D., 2001)
- Vanderbilt Law Review, managing editor
- Denison University (B.A., magna cum laude, 1998)
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Not licensed to practice in Washington, D.C.
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas