Michael Proctor is a partner in the Commercial Litigation Department and routinely handles business disputes throughout Ohio, Pennsylvania and West Virginia. Mike also has extensive bankruptcy experience, representing creditors in all phases of bankruptcy, including claim litigation, nondischargeability actions and preferential transfers.
Mike has experience in a variety of litigation in state and federal court. Mike also has extensive bankruptcy experience, representing creditors in all phases of bankruptcy, including claim litigation, nondischargeability actions and preferential transfers. Mike’s litigation experience includes UCC Article 9 litigation, litigation under the West Virginia Consumer Credit and Protection Act, contractual disputes and oil and gas production disputes. Some specific examples of Mike’s experience include: litigation related to check endorsements, contractual indemnification, immunity of governmental entities in performing administrative duties, litigation of the co-extensive jurisdiction of the bankruptcy courts and district courts, and providing advice to common carriers regarding Federal Transit Administration procurement regulations.
Whether a corporate or individual client, Mike places a premium on building relationships with clients, learning their objectives, and then partnering with the client to develop successful strategies.
- University of Cincinnati College of Law (J.D., 2002)
- Dean's Honors List
- Edinboro University of Pennsylvania (B.A., cum laude, 1999)
- West Virginia
- Northern District of Ohio
- Southern District of Ohio
- Southern District of West Virginia
- Northern District of West Virginia
- Western District of Pennsylvania
- Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Washington County Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- West Virginia State Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Association for Sustainable Agriculture
- Credit Abuse Resistance Education
- Selected for the West Virginia Rising Stars® List