When people are wronged by those entrusted with their care, Nita’s job is to make things right.
A member of the Litigation Department, she focuses much of her practice on fiduciary litigation, including disputes over improper use of powers of attorney and guardianships and challenges involving estates, wills and trusts. Nita also counsels clients in contract matters, including disputes involving fraud or complex real estate ownership and use issues.
Her fiduciary practice includes plaintiffs such as shareholders, wards or trust beneficiaries who believe they were taken advantage of, and defendants such as powers of attorney who have been accused of mismanagement. She also handles cases involving families trying to resolve conflicts over wills and estates.
Before attending law school, Nita spent 25 years as a paralegal, working in the office during the day and attending night classes, all while raising a family. While she enjoyed working as a paralegal, she knew her work in the courtroom would be limited unless she became a lawyer.
- Capital University School of Law (J.D., 2008)
- Bellevue University (B.A., 2004)
- Supreme Court of Ohio
- Southern District of Ohio
- Northern District of Ohio
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Ohio Women's Bar Association, Board of Trustees
- Ohio Women's Bar Association, Supreme Court Judicial Review Committee
- Women Lawyers of Franklin County
- Columbus Bar Association
- Mustard Seeds & Mountains, Board of Directors
- Peer Review Rated AV Preeminent in Martindale-Hubbell
- Named to the “Top Lawyers” list by Columbus CEO Magazine