A member of the Litigation Department, Brooks focuses his practice on commercial litigation and spends much of his time helping clients navigate the Fair Debt Collection Practices and Fair Credit Reporting Acts. His familiarity with the acts’ detailed rules means he can help clients with their cases from start to finish. This familiarity also allows Brooks to help clients with compliance matters in an effort to avoid costly litigation.
He also has experience litigating commercial motor vehicle accidents and product liability actions, including in multi-district litigation, as well as representing clients before the Kentucky Public Service Commission.
Prior to joining Dinsmore, Brooks served as a federal judicial law clerk to Judge Joseph M. Hood of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky.
- University of Kentucky College of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 2013)
- Kentucky Law Journal, Online Editor
- Bellarmine University (B.A., summa cum laude, 2010)
- Economics & Political Science
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- Young Professionals Association of Louisville
- Selected for the Young Professionals Association of Louisville Emerging Leaders Program
- Selected for the Kentucky Rising Star® List