With substantial litigation and trial experience, Rachael represents clients in an array of litigation matters ranging from intellectual property and trade secret disputes to contract and business torts litigation. She also has extensive appellate experience, having handled numerous appeals before the Ohio Supreme Court and the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit.
Leveraging an aggressive, yet practical approach, Rachael has worked with clients in a variety of industries, including medical, financial, and technology companies. Placing a premium on learning each client’s operations and objectives, she tailors a strategy to suit their individual needs, enabling her to handle everything from general business disputes to complex litigation.
With extensive trial experience in both state and federal court, Rachael utilizes her knowledge to guide clients to efficient resolutions that keep their business moving forward. She also has represented clients in arbitrations through the American Arbitration Association (AAA) and the dispute resolution forums through the American Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) and the American Health Lawyers Association (AHLA).
Additionally, drawing on her substantial experience in trade secret litigation, Rachael drafted the Ohio chapters of the Defense Research Institute’s updated Trade Secrets & Non-Competes: A Compendium of State Law. Rachael is also a member of Dinsmore’s Electronic Discovery Group and has given seminars on the topic of electronic discovery.
Rachael previously served as a Judicial Staff Attorney for the Honorable William H. Wolff, Jr. of the Ohio Court of Appeals for the Second Appellate District.
- University of Cincinnati College of Law (J.D., 2001)
- Order of the Coif; University of Cincinnati Law Review, Publications Editor
- University of Cincinnati (B.A., cum laude, 1998)
- English Literature
- Southern District of Ohio
- Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- Eastern District of Michigan
- District of Colorado
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Dayton Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute, Appellate Advocacy Committee, Commercial Litigation Committee (Business Torts SLG; Diversity SLG)
- Carl D. Kessler Inn of Court, Barrister
- University of Cincinnati Law Review Alumni Advisory Board, Vice-Chair
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Miami Valley Region, Board of Trustees
- Humane Society of Greater Dayton, Board of Directors
- University of Dayton School of Law, former adjunct professor of Remedies
- YWCA of Dayton, Former Board Member
- Selected for the Ohio Super Lawyers® Rising Star List
- The Dayton Business Journal Forty Under 40 Award
- Peer Review Rated AV in Martindale-Hubbell