Richard Tranter is a Partner in the Corporate Department and Chair of the Real Estate Practice Group. He counsels a variety of clients, including developers, landlords, tenants, corporate owners, manufacturers and investors, with respect to some of the most significant commercial projects in the Midwest. Clients routinely seek his assistance from the inception of a project through the final disposition of the asset.
In addition to his work on more traditional commercial projects, Richard’s significant transactional and title experience also includes advising clients in the mineral rights realm, where he routinely counsels them regarding the formation of working interest arrangements, leasing and the resolution of title issues. He frequently negotiates and prepares joint operating agreements and participatory agreements relating to oil and gas exploratory efforts.
Richard’s depth of experience in navigating the administrative, legal and legislative processes enables him to provide clients with practical insights while achieving their objectives in a cost efficient manner.
- University of Dayton School of Law (J.D., 1985)
- Georgetown University (B.A., 1980)
- Ohio State Bar Association
- International Council of Shopping Centers, Inc., Member
- Board of Executive Advisors in Real Estate, University of Cincinnati Real Estate Center
- Legal Action Network for Development Strategies (LANDS)
- Hamilton County Zoning Update Advisory Group (ZUAG)
- Hamilton County Subdivision Update Advisory Group (SUAG)
- National Geographic Lecture Series (Cincinnati)
- Leadership Cincinnati, XXIII
- Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden, Zoofari, former Co-Chairperson
- Cincinnati Museum Center, Jason Project
- Peer Review Rated AV in Martindale-Hubbell
- Named "Lawyer of the Year" in Cincinnati for Land Use and Zoning Law by The Best Lawyers in America®, 2016
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© for Land Use & Zoning Law, Litigation - Land Use & Zoning Law, Real Estate Law
- Selected for the Ohio Super Lawyers® List
- Listed in Chambers USA®: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use