Robin Thomerson is a member of the litigation department and focuses her practice on environmental law including issues arising regarding permitting and compliance with the Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, RCRA and CERCLA. She has represented various entities, including utilities and manufacturing companies, in maintaining compliance with environmental laws.
Prior to entering private practice, Robin served as an attorney with the Kentucky Energy and Environment Cabinet where she represented the Kentucky Divisions of Waste and Water and served as the lead attorney for the Kentucky Division for Air Quality where she handled numerous compliance, permitting and programmatic matters. Robin’s experience with the regulatory agencies gives her a unique perspective that aids in addressing her clients’ needs.
- University of Tennessee College of Law (J.D., 1986)
- Tennessee Law Review
- Carson Newman College (B.A., magna cum laude, 1983)
- Eastern District of Kentucky
- Western District of Kentucky
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Fayette County Bar Association
- Church Deacon
- Salvation Army, Woodford County Service Unit Member, 2009-present
- Philanthropic Educational Organization (P.E.O.), Member
- Carson Newman College Alumni Association: Member; 2001-2007; Past President, 2006-2007; President 2004-2005; President-Elect, 2003; Secretary, 2002