Never one to shy away from a challenge, Russell thrives on the diverse nature of his practice as part of both the Real Estate and Litigation practice groups. Based in Dinsmore’s Pittsburgh office, he has experience helping clients navigate legal issues arising from the acquisition or disposition of commercial real estate, including the preparation and negotiation of purchase and sale agreements, ground leases, space leases, lease amendments, easement agreements, restrictive covenant agreements and title insurance. Russell also has experience with all aspects of commercial due diligence, including lease abstracts and title objection letters, facilitating the disposition of medical and commercial office buildings, as well as property for national retail and restaurant chains.
In addition to his commercial real estate experience, he assists clients in commercial litigation matters. His experience ranges from trademark infringement, property tax assessment appeals, real estate disputes, and products liability litigation, to oil, gas and mineral litigation and general breach of contract claims. Russell has experience with litigation in both state and federal courts, as well as experience in matters before administrative agencies.
A native to the Pittsburgh area, he spent time working in Washington, D.C., where he decided he would enjoy the challenging, adversarial nature of law. He earned his J.D. from Duquesne University School of Law where he participated in the Federal Litigation Clinic and was the executive articles editor of Duquesne Law Review.
- Duquesne University School of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 2015)
- Grove City College (B.A., magna cum laude, 2012)
- Western District of Pennsylvania
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- 2015 Dr. John & Liz Murray Award for Excellence in Student Scholarship
- 2015 Distinguished Student Award
- 2015 John J. Sciullo Peer Excellency Award
- Pro Bono Program Service Honor
- Allegheny County Bar Association Pro Bono Publico Recognition
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards: Civil Procedure II, Legal Research and Writing I, Legal Research and Writing II, Property, Administrative Law, Land Use Planning and Employment Discrimination.