Sarah is a member of Dinsmore’s Health Care Practice Group. She holds a Doctor of Pharmacy degree and is a registered pharmacist with over a decade of pharmacy practice experience in the retail, long-term care, managed care and hospital settings. She has a practicalworking knowledge of regulatory affairs, including State of Ohio Board of Pharmacy, DEA, and CMS regulations, the federal 340B Drug Discount Program, USP and FDA compounding requirements, Joint Commission, URAC, and HFAP accreditation standards, managed care and pharmacy reimbursement issues, specialty pharmacy, and HIPAA.
Her experience enables her to provide comprehensive and strategic legal and compliance counsel to a wide variety of health care clients who operate in a complex and quickly-evolving regulatory environment. Sarah also provides legal services and advice throughout the lifecycle of complex healthcare transactions, and leverages her previous experience practicing pharmacy and managing health system pharmacy compliance, along with relationships she has developed with staff, members, and executive leaders of the Board of Pharmacy, to assist clients with obtaining licensure and navigating the board’s administrative hearing process
Sarah has served as an adjunct professor at Ohio Northern University and visiting lecturer at Cedarville University, teaching about the legal and regulatory environment of the pharmaceutical industry and the profession of pharmacy.
- Capital University School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2008)
- Ohio Northern University Raabe College of Pharmacy (PharmD, 2002)
- Southern District of Ohio
- Columbus Bar Association (Health Care Committee)
- Ohio Pharmacists Association (Legal and Regulatory Committee, Public and Professional Relations Committee)
- Ohio Society of Health Systems Pharmacists (Legal Affairs Division member, past-president of Central Ohio Chapter)
- American Health Lawyers Association
- American Society for Pharmacy Law
- Legal Aid Society of Columbus, volunteer