Sunni is a member of our Litigation Department where she focuses her practice on general litigation, including bad-faith insurance claims, class action suits, employment matters and data security. In addition, Sunni has represented public companies in a variety of administrative investigations, including Securities and Exchange Commission investigations. She is a member of the trial team in the LabMD data security case against the Federal Trade Commission.
With a passion for problem solving, Sunni became a lawyer to help people solve their legal issues. She views each case as a puzzle and thrives on being able to put the pieces in place for her clients.
Sunni has also handled a variety of employment matters for clients, including a nationally-known franchised restaurant in various stages of litigation. In addition, she has done extensive research into how the Internet and social media impacts employers’ hiring and firing decisions.
Formerly, she worked for the Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government.
- University of Kentucky College of Law (J.D., 2011)
- Kentucky Journal of Equine, Agriculture and Natural Resources Law
- Vanderbilt University (B.S., 2007)
- Engineering Science
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
- Kentucky Legal Education Opportunity, Fellow
- National Society of Black Engineers, Conference Planning Committee
- Nashville Black Achievers, Business Cluster Leader
- University of Kentucky Black Law Student Association, Vice-President
- University of Kentucky Miller Writing Club, Best Appellant Oral Advocate