During his career, Thomas Murray has built a substantial practice in the areas of banking and securities law, mergers and acquisitions and general corporate law. Mr. Murray has been named in "The Best Lawyers in America" for his work in banking law (since 1995), and for corporate law and securities law. He is also listed in “Chambers USA Guide to America's Leading Business Lawyers” and in the publication West Virginia Super Lawyers.
- Washington and Lee University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 1976)
- Washington and Lee University (1973)
- West Virginia
- Southern District of West Virginia
- Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United Way of the River Cities, Board of Directors and Executive Officer
- Marshall University Artist Series
- Selected for the West Virginia Super Lawyers® List
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America©
- Named the Best Lawyers® 2012 Charleston, WV Financial Services Regulation Law "Lawyer of the Year"
- Listed in Chambers USA®: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, Corporate/Commercial