Tom is an experienced litigator, having handled trials, mediations, negotiations, and client counseling in a wide variety of matters. These include product liability and mass tort litigation, toxic tort matters, insurance defense, natural resources and land use disputes, intellectual property litigation, software and information-technology related litigation, as well as commercial and contract matters. Tom has extensive experience practicing in both state and federal courts throughout much of the Midwest, including experience in complex and multi-district litigation.
For nearly a decade prior to his law career, he worked in a series of information technology leadership roles at one of the world’s largest and most diverse technology and manufacturing corporations. He worked with business partners to design, develop and implement a wide variety of complex technology and business process reengineering solutions to address business challenges and opportunities. As an attorney, he has leveraged this background to better understand the operations and legal needs of his business clients. Tom also has worked with technical personnel leading sophisticated large-scale e-Discovery efforts involving traditional business documents as well as non-traditional e-Discovery involving structured enterprise systems data, CRM systems, and CAD engineering drawings.
In the course of his litigation work, Tom has developed a thorough understanding of the Medicare Secondary Payer statute and has advised clients on all aspects of litigating and settling cases that may give rise to Medicare reimbursement or reporting obligations. He is a member of the firm’s Information Systems, e-Discovery, Medicare Secondary Payer compliance, and United Way campaign committees.
He earned his J.D. from the University of Cincinnati College of Law.
- University of Cincinnati College of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2007)
- Order of the Coif
- Law Review, notes and comments editor (2007)
- University of Dayton (B.S., cum laude, 1994)
- Management Information Systems
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Greenhills Fire Department, Firefighter 1-A, EMT-B (2003 - 2010)
- The Children's Home of Cincinnati
- Young Professionals Board (2008 - present), past chairman (2008 - 2014)
- Central Montessori Academy
- Board of Trustees Advisory Council
- Governance Committee (2009 - present)
- Ohio Rising Stars®