Bill is a member of the White Collar Crime Practice Group. He has more than 30 years of experience handling white collar criminal matters.
He represents businesses and individuals in criminal, civil and regulatory disputes with the federal government. He has experience litigating matters involving financial fraud, tax fraud, wire fraud, money laundering and regulatory violations. In addition, Bill manages and conducts internal investigations for corporations needing outside counsel. A former federal prosecutor, he has decades of grand jury and federal trial experience, and has tried federal criminal cases in all three sites of court in the Southern District of Ohio. He has appeared in the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals in criminal cases on numerous occasions. As the criminal chief of the U.S. Attorney’s Office Bill was responsible for all criminal litigation in the Southern District of Ohio. In addition, he has served as first assistant U.S. attorney, and acting U.S. attorney. Bill is also a former officer and military judge in the U.S. Marine Corps.
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (J.D., 1972)
- Indiana University (B.A., 1969)
- English Literature
- Southern District of Ohio
- Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Northern District of Ohio
- Federal Bar Association
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- National Association of Assistant U.S. Attorneys, Board of Directors (1995-2005)
- University of Cincinnati College of Law, Adjunct Professor (1989-1999)
- Department of Justice Special Achievement Award
- Special Commendation Award as contributing author to Proving Federal Crimes