Bill focuses on understanding the important, and often very personal, needs of his clients and using the full array of estate planning tools to help his clients achieve their long-term goals for their estate, family and community.
He advises individuals on critical personal issues pertaining to their personal wealth and legacy, including estate planning, trusts, and Powers of Attorney. Additionally, he assists small business owners with the creation of business succession plans that enhance the value of their company and meets the long-term financial goals for the business owner’s family and estate.
Bill served as senior vice president and chief legal counsel with United Bank. At United Bank, he created and managed a legal department for the bank’s Wealth Management Group, where he coordinated estate planning matters for bank clients; reviewed legal documents including wills, trusts, and contracts; managed banking regulatory requirements; created bank policies; managed litigation; and provided counsel to bank executives.
He is active in the region’s estate planning and banking communities, serving on the West Virginia State Bar’s Probate Committee, the Charleston Estate Planning Council and its Executive Committee, the Huntington Estate Planning Council, and formerly as chairman and member of the West Virginia Bankers Association’s Trust Committee.
- University of Georgia School of Law (J.D., 1995)
- Marshall University (B.A., 1992)
- West Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- West Virginia State Bar
- Probate Committee (1998 - present)
- Charleston Estate Planning Council (1998 - present)
- Executive Committee (2011 - present)
- Huntington Estate Planning Council (2013)
- West Virginia Bankers Association Trust Committee
- Chairman (2005 - 2013)