Aaron focuses his practice on labor and employment litigation and advising. His experience includes state and federal court litigation related to claims involving Title VII, the Family Medical Leave Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, the Kentucky Civil Rights Act, the Kentucky Wage and Hour Act, and common law claims associated with employment involving wrongful termination, defamation, vicarious liability, and contract disputes. Additionally, he has significant experience in administrative agency proceedings with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the Kentucky Commission on Human Rights. These experiences include drafting and arguing motions, conducting discovery, preparing statements of position, and participating in mediations.
He also has experience advising clients on equal opportunity employment practices, compliance with occupational safety and health regulations, fair labor standards practices, and issues unique to public sector employers. In addition to advising on these matters, Aaron has helped clients draft effective corporate documents such as employment handbooks, policies, and manuals.
In addition to his background in labor and employment law, Aaron has experience in real estate development and zoning to include preparing materials for zoning applications, appearing before local planning commissions, and assisting clients in navigating local regulations and ordinances related to land use and development.
- Indiana University Maurer School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2020)
- Student Bar Association, president
- Indiana Law Journal, managing editor
- Lumina Foundation Law Scholar
- University of Louisville (B.S., magna cum laude, 2017)
- Student Government Association, president
- McConnell Scholar
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- Indiana State Bar Association, member
- Kentucky Bar Association, member
- Louisville Bar Association, member
- Labor and Employment Section, vice-chair
- Young Professionals Association of Louisville, Director of Public Issues
- Indiana University Maurer School of Law Young Alumni Steering Committee