Alan focuses his practice on intellectual property and has a broad range of experience in IP matters, including patents, trademarks, trade secrets, and unfair competition.
He has prepared and prosecuted patent applications in the computer and electrical fields, including applications relating to mobile telephony, wearable computers, multi-function printers, video gaming machines, cryptography, predictive analytics, and Internet of Things. He has also counseled clients on a variety of patent procurement matters, including patent acquisitions and portfolio development.
In addition, Alan has litigated patent infringement matters in federal district courts, prepared and prosecution trademark applications, and represented clients in trademark oppositions before the Trademark Trial and Appeals Board.
- University of Michigan Law School (J.D., cum laude, 2008)
- Eastern Michigan University (B.S., summa cum laude, 2005)
- Computer Science
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- Not yet licensed in Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois