Amir focuses his practice on employment and traditional labor law matters. His clients range in size from small, privately held business to large, public corporations.
His passion for helping clients is evident by his commitment to and interaction with them. He works closely with in-house counsel, HR managers and various company executives strategizing and keeping them informed at every stage of his counsel. Amir has obtained a number of summary judgments and dismissals on behalf of those he represents at both the state and federal court levels. He also has experience in depositions.
Amir routinely counsels employers on complying with National Labor Relations Act, Fair Labor Standards Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act and its Amendments, the Age Discrimination Act, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Kentucky Civil Rights Act and the False Claims Act. He also has experience with non-compete matters and with representing clients before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
Prior to joining Dinsmore, Amir externed during law school with Jim Beam’s in-house counsel, where he worked closely with the assistant general counsel and conducted research and drafted memoranda on issues related to employment law. Amir also worked during law school as a law clerk with an employment firm where he assisted in drafting pleadings, motions, interrogatories, depositions, demand letters and trial briefs.
Before entering law school, he worked as the deputy development director for a 501(c)(3) and (c)(4) organization, where he assisted with fundraising, marketing, and the hiring and training of employees.
- Brandeis School of Law at the University of Louisville (J.D., summa cum laude, 2014)
- University of Louisville Law Review
- University of Wisconsin, Madison (B.A., 2010)
- Political Science
- Dean's List
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- Louis D. Brandeis American Inn of Court, associate member
- Kentucky Super Lawyers®