Ansley’s practice centers on commercial litigation and professional liability defense work, including the areas of legal malpractice, health care licensure and insurance bad faith. His professional liability work is extensive and includes representing large law firms and individuals defending claims of legal malpractice, including prosecuting patents, providing corporate and tax advice, commercial contracts, and estates and trusts, among other areas of law. Ansley represents companies as corporate and litigation counsel.
His health care experience includes providing corporate advice to a variety of health care entities and litigation in state and federal court, including trademark infringement actions, claims of RICO violations and commercial contract claims. He also represents individual physicians, pharmacists and nurses targeted by the Pennsylvania attorney general in criminal investigations involving diversion and fraud. These cases require a criminal defense in county courts, administrative licensure representation with the respective health care boards in Harrisburg, and representation involving collateral consequences such as federal and state exclusion proceedings.
Further, Ansley is a senior Hearing Committee member with the Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania. He was an Allegheny County district attorney from 1995 to 1999 and clerked for the Colorado attorney general and the Native American Rights Fund in Boulder, Co.
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law (J.D., 1995)
- Ohio University (B.S., 1990)
- Health Services Administration
- West Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- Allegheny Conference on Community Development, Strengthening Communities Partnership Working Group
- The Cultural Trust, Pittsburgh Arts Festival, board member
- Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, Hearing Committee, senior member (2013 - 2019)
- Lawyers Concerned for Lawyers, volunteer
- Episcopal Diocese of Pittsburgh, Constitutions and Canons Committee (2015 - 2018)
- St. Paul's Episcopal Church, Mt. Lebanon, PA, Confirmation class teacher (2014 - present)
- Madison's Who's Who among Executives and Honors edition
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers®
- Pennsylvania Rising Stars®
- Certified Mediator