Tony represents clients in Kentucky and Indiana state and federal courts in a wide array of matters, including complex commercial, insurance, trade secret, fiduciary duty, product liability, personal injury, construction, intellectual property, administrative, and criminal litigation. He represents clients of every size, from individuals to Fortune 10 companies.
While Tony often counsels clients in an attempt to avoid litigation, he has significant experience representing clients in all stages of litigation, including discovery, dispositive motion practice, and mediation. He has tried cases to verdict, and has experience in bench trials, arbitrations, and injunction proceedings. He has also briefed and argued numerous appeals.
Tony handles insurance matters for property and casualty, life, and health insurers, as well as insurance agents. He has successfully litigated contract, fiduciary duty, coverage, and bad faith claims on behalf of these businesses. He also routinely provides counsel to insurers on coverage and compliance matters.
Tony also has significant experience representing individuals and businesses in regulated industries. He assists clients in corporate matters and regulatory compliance in a variety of industries, including hospitality and alcoholic beverages, telecommunications, banking, insurance, and public utilities. He frequently represents clients before administrative agencies in both licensing and enforcement actions, including alcohol and professional licensure boards.
Tony is passionate about pro bono work. He has represented domestic violence victims in Domestic Violence Order proceedings on behalf of the Legal Aid Society, and has represented victims of human trafficking.
- Brandeis School of Law at the University of Louisville (J.D., cum laude, 2008)
- University of Louisville Law Review, editor-in-chief
- Ball State University (B.A., 2002)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Louisville Bar Association
- Public Service Committee
- Leadership Academy, Class of 2016
- Brandeis Inn of Court, barrister (2015 - 2017)
- Kentucky Rising Stars®