Arlene focuses her practice on intellectual property infringement litigation involving trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets, and unfair competition. She is experienced in all aspects of litigation, including case assessment and development, pleadings, high-volume discovery and e-discovery, complex motions practice, settlement, and trial, including expert witness examination.
She has a wide range of complex commercial litigation experience, including multi-district, class action, and individual disputes in state and federal courts. She has experience with litigation of all sizes, from five-figure cases to multi-billion dollar cases, including a case where she examined an expert witness in a multi-billion dollar, multi-district class action litigation resulting in a favorable verdict from the jury. Arlene understands how a client’s needs may differ substantially depending on the amount at issue in the litigation. She is also experienced with expedited litigation involving requests for temporary restraining orders and preliminary injunctions which frequently arise in intellectual property disputes.
Arlene graduated second in her class from The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law. While in law school, she served as an extern for Chief Justice Maureen O’Connor of the Supreme Court of Ohio, and as chief managing editor of the Ohio State Journal of Criminal Law. Arlene also clerked for Brian G. Miller, Co., LPA, and assisted Brian with a case which resulted in the highest jury verdict in Ohio in 2017.
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 2017)
- Order of the Coif
- Order of the Barristers
- National Finalist and Regional Champion of the 67th Annual National Moot Court Competition, 2016-2017
- Judge Joseph H. Harter Memorial Award for Achievement in Trial Practice, 2017
- Karam Award for Excellence in Legal Writing, 2017
- The Ohio State University Board of Trustees Student Recognition Award, 2017
- Mansfield University of Pennsylvania (B.A., summa cum laude, 2014)
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- Columbus Bar Association, Barrister Leadership Program, 2021
- Ohio State Bar Association