Bert serves as a lobbyist. He tracks lobbying activities for the firm and lobbies to the Kentucky State Legislature on behalf of the Dinsmore's clients.
Prior to joining the firm, he served as issues coordinator for Greenebaum Doll & McDonald's Government Affairs team. His previous experience also includes lobbying the Kentucky State Legislature for the Kentucky League of Cities and serving as the mayor of Mt. Sterling, Kentucky.
- Montgomery Community Development, Board of Directors
- Mt. Sterling-Montgomery County Tourism Commission, board chair
- Montgomery Education Foundation, Board of Directors
- Legislative Research Commission
- Task Force on Local Taxation (2005 - 2006)
- Task Force on Local Government Taxing Structures (1996 - 1997)
- City of Mt. Sterling, Kentucky, mayor (1986 - 1998)
- Kentucky League of Cities (1986 - 1998)
- Board of Directors
- President (1195 - 1996)
- Leadership Kentucky, Class of 1997