Brady’s practice focuses on commercial real estate and finance, as well as mergers and acquisitions and general corporate law. His quarter century of broad transactional experience allows him to provide clients with both big-picture and drill-down advice and assistance at all stages of a transaction. His real estate clients include developers of hotels, entertainment venues, office buildings, mixed-use projects, and equine farm operations, as well as the lenders who finance them. He has significant experience drafting and negotiating agreements relating to acquisitions and dispositions, leasing, ownership and investment structure, and commercial lending. Brady is also a licensed title agent in the Commonwealth of Kentucky, enabling him to examine titles, issue title insurance, and provide escrow and closing services.
He also has significant experience representing clients in the coal industry. Brady’s experience includes advising mineral owners, mining operators, and lenders in connection with mineral interest ownership and leasing, correlative property rights, lien creation and enforcement, and various legal issues associated with day-to-day mining operations.
Because some of his clients are not large enough to have in-house legal counsel, Brady also serves as their outside general counsel. These clients include hotel developers, property management companies, and consumer products manufacturers.
The father of two children with special needs, Brady dedicates much of his personal time to child advocacy and abuse prevention. These activities include serving as president of the board of CAC of Kentucky, a nonprofit organization that provides operational assistance, regulatory monitoring, and awareness for Kentucky's statewide network of child advocacy centers.
- Brandeis School of Law at the University of Louisville (J.D., cum laude, 1998)
- University of Kentucky (B.A., magna cum laude, 1995)
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
- American Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Fayette County Bar Association
- Leadership Lexington, Class of 2004
- Leadership Kentucky, Class of 2013
- Energy and Mineral Law Foundation
- Commercial Property Association of Lexington
- Peer Review Rated AV in Martindale-Hubbell
- Kentucky Super Lawyers®