Charles focuses his practice on transactions and general corporate matters. He works with corporations, LLC’s, non-profits and partnerships ranging from start-ups to publicly traded companies, and assists these clients across various industries with issues such as mergers and acquisitions, private securities offerings, corporate governance and corporate benefits issues.
He has significant experience dealing with employee benefits and ERISA compliance matters, including advising clients on employee benefits issues in connection with their corporate transactions (including 409A, Affordable Care Act, COBRA and general plan qualification and compliance issues). Charles also advises and assists clients with their equity compensation needs, including stock option plans, profits interest plans and other equity-based compensation arrangements. His work includes drafting summary plan descriptions and other general benefits documents for benefit plans.
Prior to joining Dinsmore, Charles served as a missionary to Fiji for two years and worked with HELP International in Fiji. He is currently the chartered organization representative for the Boy Scouts of America Troop 205 in Lexington and serves on the district’s finance committee.
- University of Kentucky College of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2015)
- Order of the Coif
- Kentucky Law Journal, sixth circuit blogger
- Brigham Young University (B.A., cum laude, 2012)
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Fayette County Bar Association
- Kentucky Super Lawyers®
- Best Lawyers®, Ones to Watch, Corporate Law; Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law; Entertainment and Sports Law; Mergers and Acquisitions Law (2021)