Chris focuses his practice on various issues that arise in the workplace. He handles a wide range of employment litigation matters, including discrimination claims, retaliation claims, wrongful discharge claims, workplace injury claims and deliberate intent claims. He has also handled a number of transportation, multi-employer worksite, professional negligence, and product liability cases. His experience includes managing discovery throughout litigation, as well as conducting depositions and arguing motions before state and federal courts. He also has experience representing clients before the West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals.
While in college, Chris worked at a coal mine, and the experience provided him a unique perspective when working with clients. He knows it’s important to fully understand clients’ business concerns so he can provide the best possible representation and counsel.
During law school, he served as a judicial extern for The Hon. D. Michael Fisher of the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
- West Virginia University College of Law (J.D., 2011)
- West Virginia Law Review
- West Virginia University (B.A., 2008)
- Political Science
- West Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia
- Monongalia County Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Energy and Mineral Law Foundation
- West Virginia Defense Trial Counsel