Cody is an associate whose practice focuses on commercial litigation. He has experience in representing and advising clients in matters involving criminal defense and civil litigation, including civil rights litigation, commercial litigation, and employment litigation. His experience includes disputes relating to breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, and other business disputes. Cody has experience in various aspects of litigation and administrative matters, including motion practice, discovery, and appellate advocacy.
Before joining Dinsmore, Cody served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Edward B. Atkins (United States Magistrate Judge, Eastern District of Kentucky), the Honorable William O. Bertelsman (United States District Judge, Eastern District of Kentucky), and the Honorable Candace J. Smith (United States Magistrate Judge, Eastern District of Kentucky).
- University of Kentucky College of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2019)
- Order of the Coif
- Moot Court National Team
- Kentucky Journal of Equine, Agriculture, and Natural Resources Law, Notes Editor
- CALI academic achievement awards in Federal Appellate Advocacy and Procedure and Conflicts of Law
- University of the Cumberlands (B.A., cum laude, 2014)
- Political Science
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit